So yesterday I wandered the aisles of HomeGoods just trying to kill time until my car was finished getting tires at the nearby service station. I know, this is a dangerous combination, free time and HomeGoods… the potential for frivolous spending was high. I rounded the corner in the kitchen/dinnerware section (a section in which I had no business being in, since I don’t need anything for my kitchen) and there it was. It was an oh, so, cute display devoted to a number of items covered in flamingos. They screamed summer (my favorite season). In particular this set of Isaac Mizrahi melamine flamingo plates really caught my eye. But I showed restraint. I left those plates at HomeGoods, but thought about them for the rest of the day. They were still on my mind this morning so I thought I’d dedicate the blog to them today. I’ve put together a summer patio styling based on these adorable plates, just in time for the unofficial start of summer this coming Memorial Day!
Fun Patio Styling in Time for Memorial Day
- Isaac Mizrahi Flamingo Melamine Plates $4.99 ea Available at HomeGoods
- West Elm Soleil Metal White 42 in. table and 4 chairs $1295
- Capri Blue Scalloped 9 ft. Umbrella Canopy $69.99
- Eamonn Aqua Blue/ White Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug $74.10
- Bormioli Rocco Rock Bar Set of 6 Highball Glasses – Pink $29
- Shore Tall Polyterrazzo Planter $99
- Grand Nain ‘Naine’ Banana Tree $24.95
- Kate Spade New York All In Good Taste 20-Piece Flatware Set $59.99
- Fiesta Bistro Large Serving Bowl $38
- Pink Melamine Pitcher, 1L UK 12.75
- Flamingo Bird Napkin by Mannzie $29.36
Maybe if these plates stay on my mind I’ll go back and pick a few up. Is there anything out there that you totally don’t need but can’t resist because it’s just so darn cute? Let us know, we’d love to hear about it!